Saturday, August 29, 2009

He's getting too big too fast!





One thing I love about kids is their incredible ability to sleep just about anywhere or any time. Ryan had fallen asleep on my lap and slowly worked his way half on and half off the couch... LOL. Doesn't he look so peaceful in the first picture, you would never guess he was in such a weird position. :)

Ryan loves to play... what kid doesn't right? But, he could play hard ALL day long and never get tired. He is so funny! Chris and I meet at a fast food play place each week, so that he can see Ryan and so that Ryan can play. Another place Ryan loves to go is Peter Piper Pizza. The great thing is that it is very cheap to take him, because he doesn't like the rides to actually move...LOL! He just likes climbing in the car/train/fire truck and then moving on to the next. Barely stopping to turn the wheel. :) He also loves the play are they have there... he climbs as fast as he can to the top, slides down, and hauls bum (I have been trying not to say butt, because Ryan copies EVERYTHING!) to the entrance and does it all over again. One day my mom was with me there and a sweet little girl came up to her and told her what a polite little boy Ryan was. Apparently whenever he passes someone in the tubes he always says "Excuse me." Isn't that funny! :) I am glad to see that so far Ryan is being polite and almost always says "please" and "thank you" too!

The other thing we have thought about starting is potty training. We haven't really taken it on, but we have bought a little potty for him and have started talking to him about it. What is funny though is that there have been a few times that he will randomly say "pot" and we will take him to the potty and sure enough he goes in the potty! It doesn't always happen, but it sure is cool to see that he gets the concept anyway. :)

Ryan is imitating everything now, which is a lot of fun... although it does mean we have to definitely watch what goes on around him. For several months now he has loved to say prayers... well not really SAY them, but take part in them. At meals and at night he would fold his arms and then at the end of the prayer say "Ameeee-n". It's so stinking cute to hear him say it, but it took quite a bit for us to get it on video. As soon as the camcorder comes out he will not say anything... so we have to really try and hide it! One night for prayers he even let Chris help him say the prayer. However, for some reason he has decided that he will NOT participate in prayers anymore. I think it is too associated with bedtime or something because it is all we can do to get him to even fold his arms for a second or say "Amen" afterwards. Oh well... hopefully it will change again soon, because I miss his sweet little "Ameeee-n" at the end of each prayer!

I swear I say this all the time, but I really can't believe how fast Ryan is growing up. In so many ways I want him to just stay how he is right now... minus the many tantrums of an almost 2 year old. :) I have loved each stage though and we are excited to see what he learns and says next!

No comments: